Monday, April 16, 2007

Travel report 2

Spent most of Easter in England - three days in London and two days in Lichfield, a small town just north of Birmingham.

London is possibly my favorite city in the whole world, and I spent some blissful hours at the British Museum and just walking the streets. I also joined up with something called London Walks, which I highly recommend. For only £6 per walk I participated in their Jack the Ripper Walk and a tour called Ghosts of the Old Town. Two hours of healthy exercise, lots of information and good entertainment.

Lichfield is a nice little town, with lovely old houses and I lunched at a place called Tudor, situated in a house built in 1510:

Tudor


This is the dessert "Strawberry surprise", and it fully deserved its name. I was shocked at the sheer size of the thing, and it was very yummy:

dessert

All in all, a very enjoyable trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may now have to actually hunt down this dodgy old cafe for a strawberry suprise. Damn you.

Anonymous said...

And Lichfield is a City, A small one granted, but city all the same.