Friday, August 19, 2011

Giving away & selling stuff

As some of you may know, I am going to sell my half of the house I live in per ultimo September and then go on a walkabout till sometime next summer. The only thing I have down as certain is a trip to the US from Oct 26 till Jan 22 (more about that later).

I'm currently in the process of cleaning out more than 15 years of accumulated mess, and a lot of it is only fit for throwing away. But I also have some books that I have read several times (or concluded that I am never going to read) and some DVDs (Zone 2, Europe) that I've also seen umpteen times and want to get rid of. Rather than throw it out I want to see if I can sell or give it away.

So I'm simply going to list all the stuff I want to give away or sell here and y'all can use the comments or go to Facebook or Twitter. Or just send an email to gilhuus@hotmail.com.

You can either make a cash offer or try to convince me why YOU should be the one to receive an item. I can deliver stuff personally in Oslo (mid September at the latest) or I can send the item by mail, in which case YOU must pay the postage. The process will end either on Wednesday August 24 at 9PM Norwegian time, at which point it's getting thrown away or at such time that I've gotten enough cash offers or good stories to wrap it all up. Aight?

UPDATE WEDNESDAY AUGUST 24 - Here's the updated list and there's still some real goodies here. Remember, these are given away (small uhm... donations appreciated):

BOOKS:

"The Thousand Nights and One Night" - A four-volume hardcover box of scholarly translations of the classic work. I haven't touched it since I bought it.

"The Rebus books" - All of Ian Rankin's series about Inspector Rebus except "Black & Blue", but there are also some Rankin books that are NOT Rebus books in there. 25 books in all, paperback.

DVD:

"Fawlty Towers" - The complete set. Don't worry, I'm not insane - I have a double!

"A fistful of dollars" - A classic movie, of which I have a double.

"Man with the naked gun" - the 3 movies in one.

No comments: