Thursday, February 28, 2013

We apologize for the inconvenience...

Due to a soulcrushing lack of travel, this blog has slowly turned into a pure quote machine lately. That was not my intention, so I'mma try to liven things up a bit here. First, the good news... I've finally decided to at least use my time as an unemployed slob to try and lose some weight and get my blood sugar levels under 7.0 again.

Score success on both counts, as I had 6.9 at the doc's yesterday (against 8.9 three monts ago) and weighed in at 112.5 kg this morning. I hope to be back at my lowest in over ten years by reaching the much glorified 106.4 kg, which I attained in September 2011. Yes, money is not the only thing I've squandered these past 18 months...

On the downside I'm now in the market looking for a job. I'm a teacher by training, so that's where I'm looking first, and I've decided to try and go back to my old high school in the fall (I'm desperately looking for their job ads in the local paper every day... they're late). They've got a new principal and are in the process of rebuilding, so maybe things will be better than they were the last few years of my previous employment there. Also, there's nothing like a 3 year break to get the old motivation going again... wheeeeee!

No comments: