Tuesday, September 29, 2015

More west coast pics

Just south of Molde there is an arm of the Atlantic Ocean called Langfjorden (The Long Fjord). Here, there's a ferry connection over to the other side. I believe the only alternative is to drive an hour or two around the fjord. I can't remember how much the ferry ride cost, but you can be reasonably certain that the price was 1) exorbitant and 2) heavily subsidized, in this case by the county. Anyways, these brief sailings provide the discerning tourist (me) with plenty options for photographic loot, which is still free, thank fuck.

This was the sight that greeted me when I drove up to the ferry place. Wail.
SANY0070

I used the wait to take some more landscape pics; this is the view back out towards the open sea.
SANY0071

The main route southeast, which I didn't take this time.
SANY0096

The little village on the other side of the strait.
SANY0098

No comments: