Monday, July 10, 2017

Back to Scotland

I'm planning my 12th trip to Scotland in September & October. Tickets are booked, hotels are booked and rental car is booked & my membership card for Historic Scotland has been polished.

Itinerary:
Fri Sep 29: Oslo – Aberdeen - Dundee
Sat Sep 30: Dundee – Stirling
Sun Oct 1: Stirling – Edinburgh
Mon Oct 2: Edinburgh – North Berwick
Tue Oct 3: North Berwick – Dunfermline
Wed Oct 4: Dunfermline – Callander
Thu Oct 5: Callander – Oban
Fri Oct 6: Oban – Inverness
Sat Oct 7: Inverness – Aberdeen
Sun Oct 8: Aberdeen – Oslo

I’m renting a car at the airport and plan on swinging by Claypotts Castle, Broughty Castle, Doune Castle, Stirling Castle, Bannockburn House, Bannockburn Battlefield, Craigmillar Castle, Hailes Castle, Dirleton Castle, Tantallon Castle, Aberdour Castle, Dunollie Castle, Glenfinnan Viaduct (of Harry Potter fame), Urquhart Castle and Culloden Battlefield. I shall once again holler with the good people of Pure Malt and the other locals assembled at The Old Rectory Inn in Callander.

Alba, cruit mo chridhe... I'm coming home!

No comments: