Saturday, December 23, 2017

USA 2017: Yosemite

I returned to the good ole' US of A on Dec 21, then spent Friday making my way from LA up to Fresno with mah San Diego crew. Saturday, we drove up to Yosemite; I think it was the sixth or seventh time for me. I'd expected the area to be covered in snow, but fortunately there were just a few white dots on the landscape here and there and the roads were bare, except for a couple of icy patches along the way.

There were areas where forest fires had done damage. The blue paint on some of the trees means those trees are marked for felling.
DSC01348

Tunnel view, a sight I hope I shall never grow tired of. The road to Glacier Point was closed - not because of snow I think, but apparently there'd been a serious landslide, so even the distance into the ski & snowboard area was closed.
DSC01365

The water was still running down Bridalveil Fall.
DSC01364

Iconic Half Dome.
DSC01372

Tranquil waters and a slowly bending pine.
DSC01375

Upper & lower Yosemite Falls.
DSC01378

This pillar, which you really have to look closely to see, is called Lost Arrow.
DSC01380

Dead tree.
DSC01384

Ah wuz given goodies at breakfast down in Fresno, by my old friend Roz. Not sure if it's visible, but the glass is a drinking glass, shaped like a boot. If you press a button under the heel, it lights up in all sorts of festive colors. The glass has already been met with great acclaim in the teacher's lounge at work.
DSC01382

Naturally, I was skeptical of Yosemite.
DSC01370

No comments: