Monday, September 30, 2019

Mull of Kintyre

Like all civilized people, I have of course seen the music video for Paul McCartney's masterpiece . So, being in the general area, I thought I'd take the opportunity to visit and see what the fuss was about and maybe try and find the place where the video was shot.


I drove as far as this first rise in the coastal (single lane) road along the mull, which is a Gaelic term meaning promontory, headland or hill. It is a windswept, barren area but I fooled myself into seeing the beach down below as the place where they shot the video.
20190930_155640

20190930_155717

One of the locals was eyeing me with a great deal of skepticism.
DSC_0014

As I didn't really think I'd be back here again anytime soon, I decided I had to sing a little bit from the song. Why I've never been offered a record contract is beyond me.
20190930_154717

No comments: