Saturday, December 28, 2019

Mah 2019/20 trip to the US - third leg

Friday afternoon, I set out for Phoenix with mah San Diego crew. We reached Yuma in the early evening and decided to dine there at a place called Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que of America. Great food and great service; they even let my insane friends taste the various sauces, including one they kept in the kitchen and only brought out on special request.

The tiniest drop of that sauce and I could no longer feel anything on the left side of my face.
191227 Daves BBQ

Banana pudding they called this. Scrumptious!
191227 Daves banana

Saturday morning, we set out from Phoenix going north towards Payson. Now, our main destination was Tucson and the only reason why we'd come this far north was to try and find the place we'd been to in 2016, when we'd gone through an area with bright sunshine, crisp blue skies and snow. Most of Albie's photos had been on her Ipad and subsequently got lost in the great cloud in the sky. As you can see here, the weather was shifting between moments of great clearness and great fuckedness.

It was raining ice. Why do I let myself get talked into this? Why, lord, WHYYYY?
191228 Snowstorm

Here, I joked that this was the wall that protects us from the wildlings. I didn't make the obvious joke about Trump and his wall, as I was afraid of being torn to shreds by a certain rabid Swiss.
191228 The Wall

I had my own motive for going up here - I wanted to have more food at the wonderful Old Country Inn in Pine, where we'd eaten on our way back from the injuns in 2016. We arrived just as they were opening up and got a nice table outside, under some heating lamps. Right then, it was nice with clear skies and stuff and the Hawaiian pizza (pepperoni & pineapple) I got was abolutely yummy.
191228 Old County Inn

Then it was back to the snowy hell again.191228 Snowstorm 2

I left Norway for THIS?
191228 Trees

This was exactly how I felt after HOURS of going through snowy weather in traffic with 'muricans who didn't know shit about winter driving. We stopped for dinner at Chalos Casa de Reynoso in Globe. Good food.
191228 Globe

No comments: