Sunday, March 23, 2014

California Route 1

I have waxed lyrical about this road several times before. This time I shall limit myself only to the part of the road that runs down the northern coastline, but it is all very, very beautiful and all very, very underappreciated. At least in my view; the three times I've done this road now, traffic has been very sparse. Oh, well, all the more peace and quiet for me!

The trees where the road breaks out of the forest and enters the coastline are all bent by the wind.
DSC_0055

There is something so magical about these trees.
DSC_0062

These too.
DSC_0086

Close up.
DSC_0088

From a roadhouse in Gualala called Bones. This poster alone guarantees my repeat custom.
DSC_0092

A few miles after Gualala, I spotted two little deer stuffing snout along the way.
DSC_0095

No comments: