Friday, August 7, 2015

Return to Glacier

After the wildlife & scenery bonanza that was Yellowstone, we set course for Glacier National Park in Montana. Fires had closed the eastern parts of the park, but the western bit was open up to and including Logan Pass. Albie, who grew up in Switzerland felt very much at home in Glacier, as did I when I first saw it.

"The hills are aliiiiiiiive..."
SANY0007

I love those Alpine meadows.
SANY0009

All sorts of wildflowers in all colors grow here.
SANY0010

From the bend in the road where they stopped traffic because of the limited parking up at Logan. We waited for appx. 45 mins and were then allowed to drive up in groups.
SANY0002

I still want my little, red cabin placed in that clearing just above the trees.
SANY0013

Needless to say, I was skeptical of Glacier.
SANY0015

No comments: