Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Zion: More Bighorns

That last day at Zion was magical - not only had we walked several miles and seen several attractions - it was rounded off by taking a car trip through the tunnel to the eastern part of the park, where we saw not one, but two groups of Bighorns up close. Afterwards it was dinner at Zion Lodge and as we were walking back to the cabin we could see several deer grazing on the lawn, just a couple of feet away from us. Perfect way to end our two week tour and my six week vacation.

We first spotted this group, not long after the tunnel. We also saw them when we came back, and they were much closer then. But my pocket camera was out of power and I just couldn't be bothered to pull out the big one. So I just stood and enjoyed the sight of these magnificent animals.
SANY0082

The other group was just about where I'd photographed a herd a month before. Possibly they were the same animals.
SANY0087

The alpha male and his missusses.
SANY0088

This was taken on the exact same ridge as the last pic of my previous post.
SANY0097

No comments: