Sunday, December 27, 2009

London III

Christmas Day I spent two hours on a brisk walk through the center of London, on a "London Walks" tour called "Samuel Pepys' London". We met in Trafalgar Square, by the Norwegian Christmas tree. The rest of the day as well as all of Saturday I spent in my room, except for brief forays to hunt down food (there's an Indian restaurant round one corner and a McDonalds around the other).

Today I've spent a few delicious hours at the National Gallery, then I went and saw Sherlock Holmes at a theatre in Leicester Square. It sucked. Not hard, but not worth the time and money either. The worst part is, they show scenes in the trailer that isn't even in the fuckin' movie and that pisses me off.

On the bright side, things have picked up at the hotel. The room is tiny, but since the plumber came on Wednesday the water in the shower has been ok and I think I might stay here again next time I'm in London. It's difficult finding decent, cheap accomodation in this city but this is as close as I've ever come.

The Christmas Tree in Trafalgar Square and the placard accompanying it:
Juletre

Norsk

The obscenely good dessert at the Ciao cafe...
Dessert

1 comment:

ohingrid said...

I see you write a lot about food these days mr. biggestloser. Christmas doesn't mean that you just can your your diet! ..How can you then be my thinspiration?