Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Last odds and ends from Vienna

Downtown Vienna is full of horse carriages which will take you anywhere, no doubt for twice the price and thrice the time it takes to get a taxi to drive you there.
SANY0020

Strange woman greeting guests at the Böhmenwald.
SANY0022

Here we have a contemporary image of the composer Brahms, drunk out of his thick, Germanic skull, with his local groupie of the day... some floozy in a state of undress and not a small degree of inebriation if I'm any judge. Not that I am.
SANY0005

I just love this: It is not permitted to "drink excessive amounts of alcohol" on the subway/underground. But a little refreshener is ok.
SANY0063

From the City Museum - one of three (as far as I could tell) miniature models of the city.
SANY0018

This is a painting of some royal prince and his siblings. If I'd seen something as hideous as this crawling my way I would have hacked them all to death with a shovel, screaming the whole time, till they were all dead... and then some.
SANY0015

No comments: