Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Poetic justice

There is still hope for mankind. Allow me to quote from this story:

When two men walked into a popular country store outside Atlanta, announced a holdup and fired a shot, owners Bobby Doster and Gloria Turner never hesitated. The pair pulled out their own pistols and opened fire.

The armed suspect and his partner were killed. The owners won't be charged, according to local officials, because they were acting in self-defense.

"I just started shooting," said Gloria Turner, 56. "I was trying to blow his brains out is what I was trying to do."

Words of wisdom, words of poetry. Now, if only the girlie men in charge of making and upholding the law could get their acts together... I'm not so much interested in a "three strikes and you're out" - I'm more into "one strike and you're dead".

1 comment:

Memphis Word Nerd said...

Ahhh, my original home town. You gotta love Atlanta! :-)