Friday, April 22, 2005

Time well spent

I'm two hours away from the end of a SEVEN HOUR LONG SEMINAR at work. It's so boring I'd actually rather be teaching today. For those of you who know how much I hate teens, that's a strong statement. On the other hand I've been able to gain some useful insights, since I've managed to ignore the speakers almost completely and instead read a highly recommendable book: In the Name of Rome: The Men Who Won the Roman Empire, by English historian Adrian Goldsworthy. The Second Punic War and the leadership skills of good old Scipio Africanus is infinitely more interesting and relevant than the yacking of teachers.

2 comments:

VamPus said...

Well, sweetie, if it's any consolation, I'm sure the teenagers hate you just as much as you hate them. Considering that you're locked up in a room with them by yourself everyday, I'd be a bit worried if I were you. Which , I'm oh so grateful, I'm not.

Special Sauce said...

Harrumph.

It is Sunday, and I have no new blasphemy? Fie!

Fie on you!