Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Prague so far

Sooooooooo... things here in Prague seem to follow the old pattern. I stay in the bar till the wee hours, and even if I don't the drunken kraut teens roaming the hallways will ensure I don't fall asleep till 4-5 AM. I muster up the stamina to walk maybe an hour in town, then go back to nap, then have dinner and go hang in the bar again. Sad thing is, I love it like this.

I've made some new friends, both among the staff (new, female bartender!) and the guests... Saturday I even got to plug my mp3 player into the sound system and play DJ for most of the evening. I was heavy on the Springsteen, but also had a good mix of rock and oldies - U2, Creedence, Tom Petty, Rainmakers etc. Had a blast!

The chocolates I brought from Norway (5.5kg=12 pounds) are a sure and easy way of making friends. People who've tasted the stuff before are crazy for it, and I have no problems getting new people hooked. I need to email the producers back in Norway and tell them to go international, the response I'm getting from people down here is just incredible.

Some pics, mainly from Mala Strana (plus a sunset from Holesovice, just outside the hotel):

Pretty streets and buildings everywhere.
SANY0286 SANY0290

I'm not a fan of modern art, but on the other hand I very much feel you can't go wrong with penguins.
SANY0303

Purdiness everywhere.
SANY0307 SANY0309

SANY0321 SANY0320

SANY0325 SANY0326

This is the tower at the trade fair. Looks like a Martian spaceship or something...
SANY0332 SANY0336

SANY0338

Full Prague set here, more pics will be added.

3 comments:

Albertine said...

Pretty!

You're coming on to female bartenders and hanging out in bars all night every night? What the hell?

I got the book! Thank you! I love it!

ohingrid said...

Hvilken sjokolade gir du dem?

Ghost of Goldwater said...

I'm not coming on to female bartenders, I'm making friends with people. The hostel bar is the right place to do this, d'oh!

As for chocolate, I brought Hobby, Smil and Trokia (all gone now).