Saturday, September 24, 2011

All set for Engerland

Right. I'm pretty much all set for my trip to Engerland on Tuesday. I've even gone so far as to purchase a Satnav device, bringing me screaming and kicking into the 21st century. The satnav thingy has "easy" in the name so I figured it would be simple enough that even a technophobic eejit like yours truly can use it. If I haven't smashed it to pieces in a fit of idiocy-induced rage by the time I get back I might even get a touchphone sometime within the next decade or so.

I've planned this trip to pieces, like I normally do. Planning is at least half the fun of traveling and I've got a pretty tight program for most of the days; mainly English Heritage sites, but also some other properties. The hotels are booked, but I'm still open to suggestions about sights to see.

Final schedule:

9/27 Landing at Gatwick, staying in Crawley
9/28 Crawley - Canterbury
9/29 Canterbury - Dover
9/30 Dover - Hastings - Battle
10/1 Hastings - Pevensey - Lewes - Chichester
10/2 Chichester - Shanklin
10/3 Isle of Wight
10/4 Shanklin - Lymington - Salisbury
10/5 Salisbury - Stonehenge -Exeter
10/6 Exeter - Dartmoor - Plymouth
10/7 Plymouth - Fowey - St Mawes - Falmouth
10/8 Falmouth - Truro - Falmouth
10/9 Falmouth - Lizard - Penzance
10/10 Penzance - Land’s End - St Ives
10/11 St Ives - Tintagel
10/12 Tintagel - Ilfracombe
10/13 Ilfracombe
10/14 Ilfracombe - Chester
10/15 Chester
10/16 Chester
10/17 Chester - Coalville
10/18 Coalville - Arundel
10/19 Arundel - Crawley
10/20 Flying out from Gatwick

No comments: