Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Walk of Fame

After the Tar Pits, I had a quick lunch at a place called something like the Black Dog Cafe. I had my mind and stomach set on an IHOP just up the street from La Brea, but just before the entrance was this little cafe and they had a sign that said some of their proceeds went to homeless animals. Ever the sucker for fluffy puppies, I gave them my business. Also, there was a table outside where four people were sitting and one of them gave my Dead Parrot t-shirt a quick look and pronounced it to be "fine culture", so what could I do?

Afterwards I went to get my car, which was in a huge garage just across from La Brea, and let me warn you right away - unless you're shitting money, do not park there. Slightly less than two and a half hours came to $19.20 and I've been weeping blood ever since leaving that place.

I then traversed the insanity that is L.A. traffic and finally managed to reach my second destination of the day - the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the star studded sidewalk along Hollywood Boulevard. It was horribly, horribly crowded, and the thought of finding a parking space quickly overwhelmed my tiny brain, so I settled for some pics from the car window before getting the fuck outta Dodge.

The (in)famous Sunset Boulevard.
SANY0022

The world famous Chinese Theatre.
SANY0023

Micky Mouse & female sidekick. It was close to 90F (32C) today and I can't fathom the heat inside those costumes. It must be hell, come August.
SANY0026

At least the kids seemed to like it.
SANY0027

No comments: