Thursday, December 1, 2016

Return to Castle Campbell

Since I was in the area, I just HAD to go and see Castle Campbell again. It was early October, so the roses and their lovely fragrance had all withered away, but the ruins and the views were as marvelous as ever. As always, feast yer eyes!

The outer wall of the once great hall.
DSC00109

Some bits are in ruins, some bits are still quite nice.
DSC00104

The keep, which is probably the oldest part of the castle, is still standing. I didn't climb it this time.
DSC00103

The view from the upper level of the gardens is one of the best in all of Scotland.
DSC00108

The cozy little stream on the east side of the castle. A family with two young daughters were playing merrily in the cold water as I walked by.
DSC00115

The big tree outside the castle entrance is one of the nicest I've yet had the great fortune of seeing. Ye Gods, I love trees.
DSC00112

Is that a face in the wood?
DSC00113

No comments: