Wednesday, December 7, 2005

How I unintentionally got a co-worker pregnant

Apparently, some of my best stunts happen when I don't even intend to be mean. I was in a meeting with fellow English teachers today, and in making a point to a female colleague I used the old metaphor that "you can't be a little pregnant". Another teacher misheard, and - beaming sincerely - asked my colleague if she was pregnant.

The rest of the participants - cruel bastards, the lot of them - immediately started in with congratulations and jokes, while the poor woman was protesting wildly. I expect this to become a running joke over the next couple of days, maybe even an exaggerated rumor if I'm lucky *rubbing hands gleefully*

2 comments:

Simon T said...

I have been estimating the probability of the aforementioned act to have taken place and with said effect.

All I can say i that the spaceship "The Heart of Gold" will have no problem with its powersource whatsoever. Nosir.....

For the less informed, please consult the technical specs here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/guide/heartofgold.shtml

VamPus said...

You know how this can backfire drastically, right? Someone might think YOU are the could-be father *shudder* don't even want to think about that, really..