Saturday, March 11, 2006

Holiday in hell

In a weak moment, I said yes to accompanying a class down to the CEBIT expo in Hannover, Germany. I don't know shit about computers, and I hate all the goddamn gadgets, thingamajigs and "neat" hi tech stuff that seems to be replacing actual brain use these days.

Anyway, it's a geek's paradise down here, and I'm bored out of my tiny, little mind. We arrived at the fair area around ten, and by noon I'd already lost all will to live. By 1PM, I could feel my brain trying to crawl out of my ears to escape, and if it wasn't for the considerable mass of ear wax I'd managed to build up listening to inane teenager chat all the way down here, it would have succeeded.

I finally managed to make it here, to the internet lounge, where I'm going to hunker down until it's time to drive back to the hotel. The prices for online access are outrageous, nay exorbitant - 12 Euro ($15) for one hour - but the alternative is worse than death... if not actual death. I'm going to chain myself to a computer and curl up in fetal position if they try to remove me. If you wish to see a grown man cry, this is the right place to be... bwwwaaaaah!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I feel your pain. For your own sake, they didn play Helmut Lotti there did they?;)

VamPus said...

Oh, please God - grant me one wish; playing Helmut Lottis "Star Spangled Banner" as background music at the internet lounge at CEBIT. Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Anonymous said...

So the Ghost actually performed a pilgrimage to the major shrine of Store CMOS ?

Now, do 10 Ave Bill, and everything will pe peachy.