Sunday, October 1, 2006

Report from Prague

Spent Friday getting re-acquainted with the area around the hotel and with the employees in the hotel bar. Had dinner at a good restaurant and got talking to a nice elderly English couple. The guy'd been to 89 countries, beating me by 53 (I've been to 36 for you numerically challenged out there).

Went out to the former Nazi transit camp of Terezin Saturday. Very good, very interesting museums with tons of info in four languages. Even saw the prison cell where they held Gavrilio Princip, the guy who started WW1 by killing the Austrian Crown Prince & missus. In the evening I had dinner at the same place, and this time was even invited to share a table with the English. My social skills must be better than I had thought...

Today it's been raining for most of the day, and my feet are sore from walking on cobblestones, so I've stayed indoors, reading.

Question to ponder: Why the fuck don't east Europeans BATHE regularly? The stench on the bus out to Terezin was 'orrible!

No comments: