Sunday, July 12, 2020

Trip to Engerland

Last week, the fucking Government finally announced open borders with most of Europe and I promptly went online to book a flight to good, old Engerland. 'tis luverly there in summer and I shall putter around the south, taking in the beautiful, rolling landscapes that inspired everything from Lord of the Rings to Winnie the Pooh.

Below is my itinerary. Rental car and hotels have already been booked. I'm not sure its my stinginess or my imagination, but I think the hotel prices have dropped somewhat due to the Corona virus; an average price of £47 per night is not bad for southern Engand in summer time. I'm also going to return to Stonehenge, just to see it once - fucking ONCE - without having the view blocked by a gazillion Asians with cams on sticks.

I've also never done the actual city of Bury St. Edmund, so I'm looking forward to that. Add an afternoon in Canterbury to the list. In addition, Winchester, Bath and High Wycombe are completely new to me, so merit further investigation.

Wed 15 Oslo - Gatwick - Bury
Thu 16 Bury - Framlingham - Bury
Fri 17 Bury - Lavenham - Gatwick
Sat 18 Gatwick - Canterbury - Chilham
Sun 19 Chilham - Richborough - Dover
Mon 20 Dover - Battle Village - Lewes - Winchester
Tue 21 Winchester - Postbridge
Wed 22 Postbridge - Bath
Thu 23 Bath
Fri 24 Bath - Leamington Spa
Sat 25 Leamington Spa - High Wycombe
Sun 26 High Wycombe
Mon 27 High Wycombe - Stonehenge - Salisbury
Tue 28 Salisbury - Crawley
Wed 29 Crawley - Gatwick

No comments: