Saturday, September 3, 2005

I love my satellite dish

As some of you will remember, I waxed lyrical about Slovenian TV back in May, when I watched my beloved Liverpool FC beat Milan for the European Championship on one of their free channels. Today, I watched the Norwegian national team commit highway robbery by beating Slovenia 3-2 away, and since the match ran on a Norwegian paychannel I don't have, I watched it on a free Slovenian channel.

I first tried to watch it without Slovenian comments while listening to Norwegian radio, but soon found that the tv picture was about 5 seconds delayed. This made the eerie impression of listening to slightly psychic commentators, so I soon turned it off. Besides, it adds a bit of spice to hear foreign commentators shout and wail in their largely incomprehensible tongue, and hearing them pronunciate Norwegian names is especially fun.

The match itself was a real nailbiter. Norway led 2-1 and had played quite well at half time, but then we commited the usual error of trying to play it safe and just control our way through the 2nd half. What followed was a continous barrage against our goal and just a few minutes before full time the Slovenians managed to make 2-2. On overtime we got lucky and scored, which was pure highway robbery, but then again life ain't always fair, especially in sports...

No comments: