Sunday, July 13, 2008

A fool and his money

Please stop me before I spend money again. This morning I drove out to Fort George, where they were putting on a big show this weekend - archery, jousting, swordfights, and such (I'll post the pics later). I noticed a booth for Historic Scotland, a government organization that runs many of the old museums, houses, monuments etc up here - it is the equivalent to English Heritage. Long story short, I ended up signing up for a lifetime membership, which entitles me to free admission to hundreds of places all over the UK, including bringing a number of guests.

The cost? The lady with the credit card machine summed it up nicely, in a very Scottish way... "Ready to start your Sunday with an £800 payment, Sir?"

I'm sure I'll wake up screaming a couple of times tonight.

No comments: