Friday, December 26, 2008

Rome VI

Postscript for Rome... leaving for the airport in an hour.

As mentioned before my hotel, The Milo, isn't bad for its price, not considering this is Rome. Still I'd appreciate it if the fuckin greaseballs could at least refrain from making loud noises in the wee hours of the morning, and for that matter refrain from making loud phone calls and having loud conversations right outside my door at all hours. My world would be near perfect if the noisy greaseball family in the room next door would then stop entertaining their hollering children until 2am. Much obliged.

The farce that is Italian organization (or rather the lack thereof) continued at check out. I'd stayed at the Milo for seven nights, but the payment for one night had been withdrawn from my bank account as far back as late October. However, when I came down to pay, I was presented with a bill for just FIVE nights. Being a staunch capitalist I naturally observed the contractual obligations of a moral actor in the free market and pointed out that this was one night too little. The staff then spent the next 20 minutes looking through their files for the credit card statement that showed I had paid for that first night. I swear, Italians try my patience, really they do. If it wasn't for that sweet, sweet ice cream and those wonderful museums... *sigh*

Anyways, off to Prague! Keep watching this space!

No comments: