Saturday, July 31, 2010

I've arrived

It took me three days of driving through Europe to get back to Aniane *sigh*. A traffic jam caused by an accident in Sweden, two long queues in Germany and a huge clusterfuck in France, basically stretching from Lyon down to the exit to Nimes (check the map!). It's a miracle I haven't gone insane yet, although I've been close to screaming my lungs out in the privacy of my car. I've managed to get my picture taken TWICE, and not for pass photo purposes... I'll probably get a couple of "nice" surprises in the mail in the coming months, courtesy of the German and French traffic police, respectively.

For most of the day I've had a Czech couple in the car with me. Nice kids, though their body odor left something to be desired. Then again, it's hard to stay clean when you've been thumbing down through Europe for 4 days already. They told me only foreigners had stopped for them in France, mwahahaha. The girl, who was the only English speaker, endeared herself to me when she browsed through all my travel CDs and after squealing with delight several times, ended up with "Born to Run" as her first choice. There's still good in the world, people.

Soon I shall go out and stuff face at the local cafe. The weather forecast is sunny for pretty much all of next week ('cept Monday), and whatever rain does fall I shall take as a welcome break. The weather forecast for Oslo is rain or partially cloudy at best for ten days, muahahahaha!

Also, I've always wanted to use the word clusterfuck in a post, and now I have. Wheeee!

2 comments:

Albertine said...

That's cool. At least you had one fun night. What's couchsurfing.com? Sounds intriguing....

Ghost of Goldwater said...

Go check it out, it's a great way of getting to know people from all over the world! www.couchsurfing.org

I signed up Sunday and I had the Americans from Texas in the house by Tuesday afternoon. Got a Frenchie and maybe some pals of his coming out today.