Friday, January 21, 2011

My class

As you may remember, I quit my old job at the vocational high school back in November. Since then I've started teaching part time at the general high school in town, where the pupils are generally more motivated and clever in the "academic" subjects I teach. In addition, I've been given two history classes to teach and ya'll knows how much ah lubs history. So generally, the experience can be summed up in one word: Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

One of the classes I teach is a freshman class in social science. I had my first lesson with them on Monday, where I let slip that I turned forty on Saturday - I don't remember the exact context, I was probably joking about old age. The little ones took it to heart and when I had my second lesson today they'd bought a cake with lights on and a chocolate and covered the blackboard with a greeting. Some boys made (or dug up?) a poem for me which they recited and a girl had made a poem on the backside of a big poster. I think maybe I'm gonna like this class...

No comments: