Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Naples part XIII: Souvenirs

Please stop me before I buy again. I should have my credit cards and money taken away from me before I go abroad, because I always end up buying stuff for myself and (imaginary) friends. I'll see something nice and shiny and think "ooooh, I bet NN will like that". Then when I get home I'll forget about the shiny thingy and NN and it will end up cluttering my bedroom until the end of time itself. I have in my possession a small meteorite rock (don't ask), a couple of bags full of various stuffed animals (no, really... don't ask) and half a dozen canisters of tear gas (REALLY don't ask!!!). None of it will probably ever see the light of day.

In Italy I managed to keep the purchases to a minimum (I didn't even have gelatto! Not once!), but I cracked at the little shop halfway up Mt Vesuvius, where they sold figurines carved out of volcanic rock. First I broke down and bought three pieces (of different animals), then when I went there a couple of days later with Taler & Jo I broke down again and bought three dragons. I NEED HELP!

An owl.
SANY0005

An eagle. These are reportedly favored by American tourists.
SANY0006

A contemplative frog. I think I may have a recipient for THIS one, muahahahaha.
SANY0004

Dragon with sword. "None shall pass!"
SANY0001

Dragon with candleholder.
SANY0003

Scary dragon with baby dragon at its back.
SANY0002

No comments: