Tuesday, August 9, 2016

My trip to Prague V

My final posting is largely from the tower of Old Town Hall. The city bought the house in 1338, but no one seems to know exactly how old it is. Much of it was destroyed by heavy fighting in 1945, but they've done a really good job of rebuilding and making everything look ancient again. You can walk or take the elevator a few floors up and then go through a ticket check, which will allow you to walk a few extra floors before you finally step out at the top and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, sweet fuckin' jebus, it's a long way down!

Here, my brain was trying to crawl out of my ears and back to safety. I still had enough sense to point the camera and press the right button.
SANY0004

I love this town.
SANY0009

Even so, I just had to take a skelfie.
SANY0011

Old Town Square, with the Jan Huus monument from 1915.
SANY0012

The old gunpowder tower.
SANY0023

Our Lady of Tyn church.
SANY0024

The castle.
SANY0034

Petrin Hill, with the tower to the right and the hunger wall to the left.
SANY0035

The yanks seemed to have a good time, not caring one iota that I was near death from sheer, blind anxity.
SANY0037

Naturally, they still needed refreshments afterwards.
SANY0004

No comments: