Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My trip to the West Coast: Lysebotn

These pictures were mostly taken around the wildly expensive tourist trap at the top of the steep descent down to Lysebotn.

This photo was taken from a spot to the right of the restaurant/souvenir shop. As previously mentioned, the road has 27 hairpin turns and goes down appx.900 meters (2,950 feet).
SANY0059

You can also walk around most of the building on a wooden platform with spectacular views.
SANY0056

This was the view back towards Sirdal, whence I came.
SANY0046

The sheep in the parking lot were much, much friendlier than normal. As soon as I got out of the car, this ewe and her cute lil' fluffball approached me, but their interest waned considerably once they'd established that I had no food.
SANY0047

I counted five waterfalls like this coming down from the mountain on that side.
SANY0064

The view of the horizon from the valley floor. You can sail to America from here.
SANY0063

No comments: