Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What a day...

What a day... Knowing ya'll, I'm sure it will please you immensely to hear that I ran my car off the road today and spent three hours in a ditch waiting for a salvaging car. We had our first snowfall here, and silly me had not yet changed the tires on the car... seeing the snow fall I made the brilliant decision to drive home to get the studded tires and have the change done at a gas station.

On the way home I slid off the road (even though I was driving VERY carefully!) and the car went into a deep ditch. No effin chance of getting up again without help. So I called the insurance company, where I was informed that since I had been driving with ordinary tires I had zero coverage. They did however call the salvaging company for me.

It took almost three hours from my first call until my car was pulled out. I was almost out of gas, so I couldn't keep the engine running all the time. I was cold, hungry and bored out of my tiny little mind by the time I was rescued.

When we got back to town I then had to beg and plead at the gas station to make them fit me in for a tire change, and then I had to take a TAXI back home to get the studded tires. I also had to call work and make them put in a substitute in one of my English classes. Needless to say, my dear colleagues taunted me mercilessly, and I'm sure I'll hear it from the pupils tomorrow. Fortunately it looks like the car is fine - the ditch was full of grass, and there were no rocks or anything like that.

Total cost of mishap: appx $240, over three hours of my life... and a bruised ego...

1 comment:

VamPus said...

Total cost of mishap: appx $240, being able to taunt you about it: priceless..