Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Roundup

Ugh. I know it's been a long time since the last proper post, but I've been busy, busy, busy with work and stuff. As ya'll know I left my old job in mid November, but since then I've started substitute teaching at the other high school in town (the one where the pupils generally have triple digit IQs) and I have even been given the chance to teach HISTORY! Sweet, sweet history... mmmm...

Additionally I've started working weekends at a youth institution a few miles north of here. Long - very long - watches but good money. I've got some stories and stuff that are quite incredible, suffice it to say that my belief in the death penalty and in compulsory castration is strengthened.

Soooo. I am feeling increasingly upbeat about next year. I think I'll be able to survive financially until this house goes on the market in late spring/early summer and I can take the money and get the fuck outta here. Also inreasingly upbeat about the trip to Naples on Thursday (yes, only two days left, wheeeeee!) and spending New Year's in sweet, sweet Italy.

I prolly won't have a connection in Italy, so pics and stories from Pompeii and Capri must wait till January. I'll put in a good week's worth of quotes to be publicized throughout the rest of the year, so you won't feel abandoned and all alone.

Tata, and see ya'll next year!

No comments: