Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ish going to Engerland

Friday, an old friend emailed me. He was stuck with three spare tickets to Monty Python's live performances in London this July, and did I want to go? Did I ever! By Monday night, two other friends had taken tickets too so we'll be having a jolly good time in London July 3-6. But going to London got me thinking that I couldn't waste a perfectly good plane ticket on such a short trip, so I went ahead and planned two weeks on the road in addition.

So here it is for your bemusal; my itinerary for England/Scotland in July:

July 3-6: London.
July 7: Driving from London up to Carlisle, on the Scottish border.
July 8: Maybe a quick detour to Caerlaverock Castle, before heading up to Stirling.
July 8-11: Stirling. I'll be doing Stirling Castle, Bannockburn, Castle Campbell,etc.
July 11: Driving to Oban. Doing Doune Castle and Dunstaffnage.
July 12: Going up to Inverness by way of Fort William. Ben Nevis, Urquhart Castle, Culloden.
July 13: Driving down to Inverurie, not far from Aberdeen. Probably doing assorted things and bits around Aberdeenshire.
July 14: See the above post. Driving to Pitlochry.
July 15-16: Staying in Pitlochry, seeing some stuff in Perthshire.
July 16-17: Driving to the English city of Lincoln.
July 17-18: Staying in Lincoln. Seeing the castle, the cathedral, etc.
July 18-20: Going to Bury St Edmunds. Trip to the archaeological field at Sutton Hoo.
July 20: Driving down to Gatwick to fly home. Heart rendering scenes of desperate farewells with ole' blighty.

No comments: