Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The road to Beitostølen

As I reached the village of Fagernes, I had to decide between going west to Bergen (and the coast) or north towards Trondheim (inland). I opted for the latter and was rewarded with majestic views of tall, snowcapped mountains and deep, green valleys. It was like driving through a postcard and if I'd been so inclined I could probably have made a stop just about every mile of the road to capture the scenery. This is from the area between Fagernes and Beitostølen. All pics here.

I believe this lake is called Heggefjorden. I think the mountains at the back are the first beginnings of the Jotunheimen National Park. Jotunheimen literally means "home of the giants".
DSC_0044

A little further up in the hills I saw this very purdy scene.
DSC_0046

In the same spot, looking back.
DSC_0057

"The hills are alive... with the sound of muuuusic"
DSC_0063

No comments: