Sunday, September 30, 2018

Loch Maree to Stoer

Sunday morning started out much like Saturday had ended, with banter and good grub. Little did I know that the day would end with me on the toilet, my nether regions on fire - a predicament that would last over a week. Urgh.
DSC00197

I hadn't gone too far when I spotted a place to stop along the shore to take pics. The weather was overcast, but not too shabby.
DSC_0002

Apparently, on one of the islands, there's a lake with yet another island on; the only one of its kind in Britain.
DSC_0004

Right up the hill from Loch Maree was yet another loch. This was to be the day of a thousand lakes.
DSC_0035

A tiny loch.
DSC_0048

"On one side lay the ocean, and on one lay a great water..." Well, not really a GREAT water, per se. More a small loch, which you can barely glimpse. Still, the view was enough to get the old poetic licence going.
DSC_0061

I believe this part was called Second Coast. T'was nice too.
DSC_0065

DSC_0078

Then came a slightly wilder area inland, with streams and waterfalls galore.
DSC_0084

Just south of Ullapool, very close to the Corrieshalloch Gorge area was this very pretty vista. That's the ocean down there.
DSC_0089

Driving alongside the ocean, I saw a rainbow appearing and stopped to take this picture. When I looked up after taking it, the clouds had already removed any trace of a rainbow.
DSC_0093

Picture of the bay of Ullapool.
DSC_0096

I'd gone up north of Ullapool before and it was just as wild and beautiful as I remembered it.
DSC_0101

DSC_0103

DSC_0106

DSC_0108

Ardvreck Castle.
DSC_0111

No comments: