Monday, October 1, 2018

Retreat from the north

I spent all but a few precious hours of this night with a horrible, horrible diarrhea. When daylight broke I showered, got dressed and made my hasty goodbyes to the good folks at my little B & B, who no doubt wondered who the hell I was and why I'd even bothered to book there since I wasn't even having breakfast. The following images were all taken up around Stoer, and as I made my way south in the day, I recognized some features from my last visit in 2013; turns out I had taken the long, scenic road back then and not the quicker, inland route. I drove straight down to Drumnadrochit before risking another meal and was damn near famished when I finally reached the place. Most of that day was spent on the can, apart from a couple blessed hours when I went across the street to a restaurant to fill up again.

Just outside my lodgings I discovered this lovely little waterfall, which had been hidden by the rapidly descending nightfall the day before.
DSC00202

Not much to look at perhaps, but according to an information board by the side of the road, this area was of great geological interest.
DSC00205

Ardvreck Castle again.
DSC_0001

I wasn't sure I had it in me but in the end I did (have it in me... see what I did there?). My dessert from the lovely Fiddler's restaurant in Drumnadrochit. Well, when you're spending that much time on the can, you need to recharge the batteries (and the calories) when you have the chance.
DSC00208


No comments: