Thursday, January 21, 2010

B12

Went to my doctor last week and it turns out I have a B12 vitamin deficiency. I arranged for someone in the health faculty at school to give me the injection (I first asked if maybe some pupils would volunteer to poke a hole in me, but it seems we no longer educate for that profession), and showed up yesterday with my B12 in small glass bottles. I had read the small stuff about the medication, but I failed to understand the meaning of the term "intramuscular". Basically, it means you get a shot in the ass, not in the arm... as I got the injection high on my left buttock. A Swedish friend of mine says "intramuscular" means it should be possible to set the injection in any muscle, but either this was the correct muscle or I've been royally had by my colleagues...

No comments: