Sunday, October 1, 2017

Scotland: Bannockburn

After the Wallace experience, we drove to Bannockburn to take in the visitor center's exhibition of what happened in 1314. My TripAdvisor review sums it up nicely:
"I've been to the Visitor Center four times now; two times before they built the shiny, new place and two times after. Although the 3D stuff and the "war room" where you can see troop movements live on a topographic presentation of the Stirling area are impressive, I personally find it to be too much, too over the top. I don't like being rushed around and not being able to take my sweet time in looking at stuff, so that part is quite frankly tedious. On the plus side, everybody I've met there, from the girls behind the counter to the guides inside the exhibit to the volunteers in the room where you can dress up in costumes and play with swords and shtuff, have been absolutely great. Top grade people who clearly love the place and take pride in their work. So my advice is, less fancy, schmancy gadgetry and more of the hands on experience. Like in the costume room, which was an absolute highlight of my trip there. Special shoutout to the lady on duty Sunday Oct 1, 2017 who took time out to dress up myself and a friend in chainmail & broadsword and even laughed at our lame Monty Python references. You made our day!"

Me clowning around.
DSC01014

DSC01017

DSC01018

Per Magnus clowning around.
DSC01023

DSC01025

DSC01028

No comments: