Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Scotland: Pitlochry area

Wednesday, I hauled ass north to the Pitlochry area. My first touristy destination was Queen's View, where Queen Victoria visited in 1866. Whether the view is named after her is a point of contention, as some claim the name is much older and pertains to Queen Isabel, first wife of Robert the Bruce. The view would probably not be as popular today if not for ol' Vicky, though.

The View is located on the northern shore of Loch Tummel.
DSC01136

Looking west.
DSC01137

I also took a video.


The Queen's Pew. We are not amused.
DSC01140

Naturally, I was skeptical of the whole thing.
DSC01138

The eastern end of Loch Rannoch. As you can see, it was quite windy that day.
DSC01141

Short video.


I then took a slow, narrow road down south to Callander.
DSC01144

It had some nice views along the way.
DSC01145

In one place, a sheep had gotten out from under the fence and was trying to get back in. Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose...


Fog was partially covering the hillsides.
DSC01146

This was a very nice spot, so I took some videos.


No comments: