Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Scotland: Falls of Dochart & Callander

Further along the way, I came to the famous Falls of Dochart. The water cascading down both sides of Crow Island is truly a sight to behold.

The view up one side of the falls.
DSC01151

Video.


Up the other side.
DSC01152

Up both, as seen from the bridge.
DSC01155

Below the bridge is the island of Inchbuie, burial place of Clan MacNab.
DSC01157

Video.


Inchbuie means "yellow island", and when you look at the autumn leaves, you can understand why.
DSC01158

I drove down to Callander, but just before the town, I saw some tourists feeding a couple of Shaggy Coos. This was too good an opportunity to miss, so I promptly turned around and walked in to the Trossachs Wollen Mill outlet to buy some veggies for the hairy ones. My TripAdvisor review:
"Ok, full disclosure... I've never had a meal here (in fact, I didn't even know they served food until I read some of the other reviews...) and only bought one scarf, which I lost within the week. But I'm ever the sucker for fluffy animals and when I found out you could buy bags of veggies to feed to the shaggy coos, I was sold. Yes, it's touristy. Yes, you're bascially paying them to feed their animals. Yes, you have to fight for room with the hordes of coach tourists who've seemingly made this place one of their must-see stops. But when you're stuffing carrots into the face of a young shaggy coo and inadvertently get your hand licked, it's worth it. Ah lubs these animals."
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g190803-d2579451-r531509825-Trossachs_Woollen_Mill-Callander_Loch_Lomond_and_The_Trossachs_National_Park_Sco.html#

DSC01163

Sadly, only the little one came over when I called to them.
DSC01167

I have video of him stuffing face.


The big bull stood a ways off to the left. His name was Hamish.


Then a busload of tourists came by, purchased the last of the veggies and lured both cows to them. Fuckers.
DSC01172

I got videos.


They even managed to attract Hamish. Sigh.

No comments: