Thursday, February 9, 2006

Sign o' the times

We are surely living in the end times. Consider the evidence:

* Barry Manilow is topping the album charts for the first time in 29 years.

* The most demonized Democratic president in modern times is now so close to the family of the most demonized Republican president that he is "considered part of the family".

* Six-year olds are suspended from Elementary School for "sexual harassment".

* The world's Muslims are more outraged about non-believers lampooning their prophet than about co-believers slitting the throats of other co-believers.

2 comments:

Agile said...

~At the Copa/Copa Cobana/The hottest spot north of Havanna/Here - at the Copa/Copa Coba-ah-ahh-naaa... Music and passion were always in fashion/At the Copa - they fell in love... ~

One of my favorite songs from my childhood, along with "A Girl I Knew" by Savage Rose - how dare you diss the Barry???

:-)

Ghost of Goldwater said...

Allow me to quote from the Bard (Denis Leary):

"You know what I want you to do? I want you to go upstairs to that
apartment where that guy keeps playing that Barry Manilow record
"Copacabana" over and over and over again. I want you to ring the
doorbell, and when he answers the door, I want you to stab him in the neck with a Number 2 pencil over and over and over again because he must pay! Chop him up and put him in the freezer and as you leave the apartment, light the place on fire!"

'nuff said