Friday, August 13, 2010

Cortona

Another hillside town in Tuscany that I love dearly, is Cortona. The views from up there are simply incredible, and the town itself is very intimate and cozy. I brought both couples up there and also took a couple of trips myself, since it was less than 30 mins from our Umbrian village. All pics here.

If you tilt the screen just so, you can make out Lake Trasimeno in the distance, behind the hill.
SANY0005

The views are also spectacular from even higher up in the hills.
SANY0003

The view from Piazza Garibaldi in Cortona may be the purdiest in all of Italy.
SANY0094

SANY0095

The Great Garibaldi hisself:
SANY0098

The village square, where we conspicuously failed to get a table every single time I visited.
SANY0086

That's not my dirty lense, those tiny specks are hundreds of swallows. I don't think I've ever seen more swallows than in Italy, they're absofuckinlutely everywhere.
SANY0084

Neon Jesus & Madonna. I've mentioned this before... the Italians are just about the tackiest people in the world. It's a good thing they didn't have neon 2,000 years ago.
SANY0105

No comments: