Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sienna

Sienna was a new acquaintance. I'd heard a lot about it, but never been there before so I went with my Norwegian friends. I knew it would be somewhat crazy, since we were arriving a few days before the first of the "Palios". I was not let down in that respect, The whole city was teeming with tourists and lots of roads and plazas were blocked. To be honest, I found the whole city to be a bit too dark, too sombre and the atmosphere too... how shall I put it... FUCKING INSANE. All pics here.

The overpriced but good crepe I ate at the main piazza.
SANY0070

Before the chaos. They run test races in the days leading up to the main race.
SANY0064

Nice architecture.
SANY0068

One of the participating horses. They are actually given a fuckin' blessing by a Catholic priest before they race.
SANY0073

The Simpsons (a dubbed version) are very popular in Italy. Probably, the greaseballs think it's a documentary on Italian family life. Anyway, we saw Duff beer sold in several places, including this shop in Sienna.
SANY0076

No comments: