Friday, August 6, 2010

Au revoir

I've just waved goodbye to 3 Swedish girls in their mid 20s... earlier today the two yanks and a French guy left. I am alllllll alooooone again, and tomorrow I begin the long, sad trek towards Norway. Home and work awaits me. Sigh.

Some final pics...

I went with the Americans to Mount St Baudille Wednesday...
SANY0001

And finally got a pic of the War Memorial in St Jean De Fos on the way back...
SANY0011

We also went to the Grotte Demoiselles... here's the funicular...
SANY0012

The rocks were as impressive as the first time I was there...
SANY0028

SANY0029

I finally went inside the actual cloister at Saint Guilhem, it doesn't cost a dime unless you go into the museum. I was here both with the yanks and the next day with the Swedes.
SANY0007 (2)

The crypt of Saint Guilhem, which according to my best attempts at deciphering the frogspeak on the wall, was reconstructed in the early 1960s.
SANY0004 (2)

The expression on the face of this Little Red Riding Hood is downright psychotic. If I were the wolf, I would run.
SANY0011 (2)

No comments: