Monday, October 18, 2010

Crimea VI: The Vorontsov Palace

Having made it safely down from the top of Ay Petri, we went and saw the Vorontsov Palace, which is also situated in Alupka. By this time my legs had really begun to hurt, and I was cursing the effin cholesterol pills that make my joints stiff. I lasted for all of five minutes, so I just told the girls to take their time and have fun, while I waited around at the entrance.

The palace itself is supposed to be quite a sight, built for prince Vorontsov, who was a governor-general of pretty much the whole of Ukraine in 1823-1844. The general architecture is English, but the southern entrance is more Asian in style. All my pics from the palace can be found here.


There's a HUGE garden surrounding the palace.
SANY0133

This little fella was so fat his belly almost touched the ground when he walked.
SANY0134

They might want to clean their pools every once in a blue moon.
SANY0135

The western entrance to the palace.
SANY0137

A fountain on the outside of the palace.
SANY0143

No comments: