Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crimea VII: The Nikitsky Botanical Garden

As time passes I get more and more insecure about whether we went to the Nikitsky Botanical Garden on Monday or Tuesday, but I do believe it was Tuesday. Either way, my hoytin' legs didn't allow me to enjoy the area to its full extent, I lasted about 15-20 minutes before going back to the car. However I managed to snap a few pics of the lovely surroundings and I can only wonder what it must look like in the full bloom of summer. Nikitsky holds over 50,000 different species.

All pics from the gardens can be viewed here.


A shallow pool. Ahhh, the urge to jump in was almost irresistible. Fond memories of the villa in Italy...
SANY0030

This cunt is former foreign minister Molotov. I have no idea what he was doing in this lovely garden, but his presence is a timely reminder to all visitors that Crimea is a lot more Russian than Ukrainian in its politics and culture.
SANY0028

And this cunt is Lenin. One of the most cuntin' cunts ever to live.
SANY0029

One might be forgiven for thinking one is in Florida or California for a short moment.
SANY0049

Lovely scenery, it must be gorgeous in spring/summer.
SANY0048

And the soul of the rose went into my blood...
SANY0045

No comments: