Monday, January 20, 2014

Aboard the USS Midway

The USS Midway is a former harbinger of doom and death to commies and towelheads all over the world. It was ready for action just after WW2 ended, and sailed the seas in the service of that greatest good for humankind ever, the US armed forces, until decommissioned in 1992.

Today it's sitting pretty in the inner harbor area of San Diego and in December 2013, I finally got my ass down there to take a closer look (I mean, I've visited regularly for nearly 16 years). It was the 26th, it was sunny with temperatures in the mid 20s (mid to high 70s F) and as you can see from (some) of the pics, not a cloud in the sky. When I retire I think San Diego sounds like a good proposition...

All pics here.

The reason the slant-eyed, emperor-worshipping cunt in the pic is grinning from ear to ear, is that the Midway was stationed in Japan in 1973 to protect his warmongering country from assorted commie nations, at least two of which - the Chinese and the North Koreans - had just cause for revenge.


I can't look at this without thinking "Village People". Sorry.


I get "Battlestar Galactica" vibes from this.


The E2C Hawkeye was the Navy version of the E3A AWACS.


The Midway was the Navy's flagship during Desert Storm back in '91. The geographically insightful among you may recognize the area on the screen.


Out the window of the control room, we could see the USS Ronald Reagan and the USS Carl Vinson (which buried Osama bin Laden). It's reportedly rare to see two carriers in port at the same time.

No comments: