Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Dubbya museum

The day after the George Bush presidential library and museum, I went to the George W. Bush presidential library and museum aka The George W. Bush presidential center. I guess there's a lot of confusion between them, cuz when I tried calling the one in College Station, one of the first things the automatic answering machine told me was the number of the W center in Dallas.

Any old way, I had a grand time with ole W, and here, for the first time, are pictures from my new, even fancier camera; a Nikon 3100. All pics here.

The center is located just north of downtown Dallas and the surroundings leave a little something to be desired.


The entrance hall had a very impressive slide show that made it look like actual 3D-people were walking on the thin ledge up under the ceiling. Very cool. Also very cool was the lady I talked to at the ticket booth who tought I was American.


The defining moment of W's presidency will always be 9/11 and his response to it. These twisted metal pieces were from the towers.


Yours truly in the president's chair calling up a nuclear attack on France.


Followed up by a nuclear attack on Sweden. Again, the guide in that particular room thought I was American. Yeeeehaw.


This painting is called "A Charge to Keep" and the title became the guiding principle for Bush during his presidency.


The museum had lots of high tech stuff; there was a big table where you could (or so I imagine) attack Afghanistan and Iraq. Or possibly just look at them.


There was also a computer room (largely populated by the tiny people), where you got to decide some of the most important dilemmas the president faced in his 8 years.

No comments: