Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Scotland - Urquhart Castle

The next group of Sanyo pics are from Urquhart Castle, on the shores of Loch Ness. Due to my aforementioned membership in Historic Scotland, I got us in for free. It's a nice old ruin, but the weather was awful and I didn't really have much in the way of footwear, as my proper shoes were still wet from yesterday's trip up to Glen Nevis, where I had to cross an ice cold stream. So bear in mind that these photos are taken in pouring rain, while wearing sandals.

All pics here.

The castle in rain and fog, as a Scottish castle should be.


The shitter. Ah knows how to finds 'em.


This poor girl was hired (probably for pennies) to play the bagpipes every now and then. She'd take up position a bit away from prying eyes (and ears) and blow away bravely until out of breath (or until the blasted Scottish weather became too much).


Dr. Siri shielding from the wind as best she can.

No comments: